Building JNI libraries on MacOS X and other systems

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Building JNI libraries on MacOS X and other systems
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:57:14 +1000

Searching the archives, I seem some discussion of enhancing libtool to
build JNI libraries correctly.

On MacOS X this requires a normal .dylib dynamic library but renamed or
symlinked to .jnilib.  Cygwin also seems to have specific requirements.

I can find nothing in the sources I downloaded ten days ago.  Did anything
come of this?  Are there any plans for such an enhancement?

Bill Northcott
Swarm Development Group