How do you make shared objects?

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: How do you make shared objects?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:54:45 -0400

Hello,

I've been looking all over the libtool manual and I can't find any
references to how to make .so libraries.  All I can find are the static .a
libraries.

I am running Solaris 2.8 (SPARC) with GNU tools, including GNU make and
GNU ld.

Could someone please help me out?

Ultimately what I want is to compile a zlib.so file (which I need to
compile glib (which I need to compile gtk (which I need to compile Gimp)))

Thank you for your help.
--
Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD.  PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
  .-"~~~"-.   On the menu of a Swiss restaurant: