Re: only static libraries created

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: only static libraries created
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:09:06 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I want to compile gtkhtml2 (libgtkhtml) for windows,
I use MinGW (gcc-3.2.3) and cygwin.

My problem is that only static libraries are created,
no .dlls. What could be the reason for this?

The problem is that the library consists of some
sub-packages (sub-directories) that are linked together
before the whole library is created. For those sub-
packages just static library files (.a) are created,
I suppose there should be .dlls that can be linked to
the toplevel library, to avoid warnings like:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive c:/libpath/lib/libfoo.la.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How did you do that? -- guido

*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

As a consequence, no .dll is created in the toplevel directory, that should include all the sub-packages.

I use the -no-undefined LDFLAG (set as an environment
variable for configure), is this still necessary for
libtool-1.5? I also tried to add the macro AC_PROG_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL to Makefile.in, but this
made no difference, i read somewhere on the net that
this is not required anymore.

thanks,
Bernhard

libtool-1.5