Re: only static libraries created

From: Bernhard Rumpler
Subject: Re: only static libraries created
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:48:53 +0200 (METDST)

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 address@hidden wrote:
> > I want to compile gtkhtml2 (libgtkhtml) for windows,
> > I use MinGW (gcc-3.2.3) and cygwin.
> >
> > My problem is that only static libraries are created,
> > no .dlls. What could be the reason for this?
>
> Alas, it is necessory for all libraries that your DLL depends on to
> also be built as DLLs.

This prerequisite is fulfilled for all dependencies. But since no .dlls
are created in the subdirectories, no .dll is built for the whole library.

When I try to link static libraries, then a warning "Linking the shared
library libgtkhtml-2.la against a loadable module - libhtmllayouthtml.a is
not portable!" is displayed. What does "not portable" mean in this
context?

Bernhard