Re: libtool pre-1.5b tests fail on 9 debian arches

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: libtool pre-1.5b tests fail on 9 debian arches
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:10:49 +0200

Robert Millan wrote:
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 02:36:13AM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:

Getting these patches accepted upstream is tricky though, I've sent some
bug fixes through.  A few days ago I decided to have a go getting some
of the portability patches (some of which are large) accepted, I mailed
the smallest (yet one of the more far-reaching ones) to -patches;
haven't had any follow-up yet though.

My patch sending policy involves pinging them after a week of not responding,
then periodicaly pinging them at increased rate. It's quite effective.

Could you try merging all the other patches, so that we can reliably test
libtool on all of Debian's arches?

If I understand this correctly, Scott has bad experiences with his patches being ignored in the past, and doesn't like the current process. Robert has worked out a way to make the process work for him. So have I.

I propose that Scott makes Robert & me his official libtool-patches 're-submitters', so that he doesn't need to care about resubmissions, if Robert agrees. Just CC: me or Robert in the mails you send to libtool-patches, and we'll take care that they keep resurfacing till they receive a reply.

cheers,
dalibor topic