Re: Incorrect library suffix on newer HP-UX (.sl vs .so)

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: Incorrect library suffix on newer HP-UX (.sl vs .so)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:02:33 +0200

[Guido Draheim]
> I am not a maintainer, and I do not want to give any premature
> answer on your question, but the wording of your question has the
> feeling of a mail sent to a commercial hotline.

Interesting.  You have more experience with commercial hotlines then
me.

> Since I have no hpux ia64 machine around, it is quite certain that I
> am not going to create that patch, and that holds probably for a lot
> of people. So, what about you? :-)=)

If the support is missing, and I am able to extract the latest version
from CVS, I will probably try to supply patches to add support for the
proper library suffix.  But I want to make sure I am not wasting my
effort if the problem is already fixed.

My GNU source mirror only had 1.4.2 available, and it is not fixed
there.