RE: Incorrect library suffix on newer HP-UX (.sl vs .so)

From: Boehne, Robert
Subject: RE: Incorrect library suffix on newer HP-UX (.sl vs .so)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:40:15 -0500

Tim,

hpux under pa-risc (even 64-bit) still uses the .sl extension even where 64-bit
ELF libraries are concerned.  Only under the Intel architecture does it use the
.so filename.  If you want to have a look for yourself, HP gives out shell
access under their "testdrive" program, which gives you access to a slew of
different OS/arch combinations (like Alpha/FreeBSD & ia64/hpux11).

HTH,

Robert