RE: Incorrect library suffix on newer HP-UX (.sl vs .so)

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: RE: Incorrect library suffix on newer HP-UX (.sl vs .so)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 18:17:10 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: RE: Incorrect library suffix on newer HP-UX (.sl vs .so),...:

>Tim,
>
>hpux under pa-risc (even 64-bit) still uses the .sl extension even where
>64-bit ELF libraries are concerned.  Only under the Intel architecture
>does it use the .so filename.  If you want to have a look for yourself,
>HP gives out shell access under their "testdrive" program, which gives
>you access to a slew of different OS/arch combinations (like
>Alpha/FreeBSD & ia64/hpux11).

Robert (and Ross Alexander)-

Thanks for the clarifications!  So the stuff I said about no ia64 in
9.x (and 10.x?) is true, as is the stuff about SOM in 9.x and 10.x
(at least on PA -- does anyone remember if 680X0 support was still in 9.x,
and if so if it was also SOM?)  but the stuff I said about 11.x is mostly
incorrect.  I was going off of memory, which clearly isn't very good...

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden