Preventing dependency entries

From: Christoph Bartoschek
Subject: Preventing dependency entries
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:59:36 +0200

Hi,

I try to compile kdevelop (same problem with arts and other kde packages)
which uses libtool for compiling libraries, but there is a small problem.
First I describe the situation:

1. The system is Suse Linux with development tools and libraries installed.
Especially gcc 3.2 and the according libstdc++ are installed.

2. The system administrator has installed gcc 3.3 with the according libstdc++
in /usr/local/gcc.

3. I have my own development environment in my home directory including gcc
3.3.1 with an according libstdc++.

I want that each program I compile uses my own development environment and not
the system libraries. In spite of that linking of the libraries for kdevelop
fails because libtool always sneaks /usr/lib/libstdc++ in the g++ command
line.

The only way to compile kdevelop for me is to use a script that deletes
/usr/lib/libstdc++.la from the dependency_libs= line in all *.la files and to
incremental build the libraries, because each new library gets a
dependency_libs line with /usr/lib/libstdc++.la.

How can I prevent that?

I would also like to prevent senseless entries like
-L/lfs/user/bartosch/Software/source/gcc-build/gcc (directory does not exist
anymore)
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/3.2/../../.. (system directory and not my
own)

in the dependency_line of my *.la files

Thanks
Christoph Bartoschek