How to know what modules were dlpreopen-ed?

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: How to know what modules were dlpreopen-ed?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:21:15 -0700

I've got an application here with a number of plugin modules (about 30). The user can pick and choose which ones they want to build at configure time, and that all works fine.

I now want to support the user building an all-static version of the application if they desire; to that end, I have switched to using ltdl instead of libdl directly, so that I prepare for using dlpreopen-ed modules. Switching to ltdl has not been a problem, I can still build a shared-library version of the app and everything works fine.

Now I'm trying to set up support for the preopened modules; I have added the call to LTDL_SET_PRELOADED_SYMBOLS at the appropriate place in the code. However, I cannot find any way to determine the _list_ of modules that were preopened, so that I can lt_dlsym them to get symbol addresses. I don't want to have to know this ahead of time if at all possible, but if I have to build a static list to compile into the program I can do so. I'd much rather just interate through the "real" lt_dlsymlist structure myself and determine what modules were preopened, then go from there.

Is this possible?