Re: modulename_LTX_ prefix not removed from preloaded symbols?

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: modulename_LTX_ prefix not removed from preloaded symbols?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:44:38 +0100

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

You're not supposed to call the loaders directly, just use lt_dlsym, and it will add the prefix for you:

I _am_ calling lt_dlsym; the problem is that because the module name as it appears in lt_preloaded_symbols does not end in ".la" (it's module.a there), then lt_dlopen does not think it's a libtool module, and thus never sets handle->info.name to any value. If info.name is not set, lt_dlsym does not have anything to add to the symbol name before the lookup.

I'm not really sure what the right way to handle this is; obviously lt_dlopen can't set handle->info.name for all ".a" files as well, because it doesn't know what those are really called.

Are you preopening .a modulenames? You should use the .la filenames. Have a look at CVS m4, which preloads modules and lt_dlsym opens symbols.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan    gary@(lilith.warpmail.net|gnu.org)