Re: libtool finds the wrong freetype?

From: Lars Clausen
Subject: Re: libtool finds the wrong freetype?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:18:23 +0200

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:
I'm trying to compile Dia on a (fairly old) RedHat machine, and I'm
running into a problem with libtool apparently not finding the right
libfreetype.  I have most of the required libraries installing in $HOME

Make sure that this problem is not due to a non-libtool issue.  I
believe that any 'pkg-config' support for FreeType is a relatively
recent event.  The traditional approach is obtain configuration
parameters from a 'freetype-config' script.  The 'freetype-config'
script used will depend on the ordering of your PATH.

Yes it is (and much awaited!), but I did use the freetype-config, and checked that it was the right one.

Also, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not a configure option.  You should be using
LDFLAGS to tell configure where to search for libraries.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to do with locating libraries at run-time rather
than at link-time.
That was it, thank you! I'll make sure to add it to the Dia docs.

Too bad this box is hosed Pango-wise and crashes any use of it;(

-Lars