-single_module flag on Darwin

From: Sushil Kambampati
Subject: -single_module flag on Darwin
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:05:26 -0600

I could compile and link to a somewhat older version of InterViews using libtool 1.4.2 but with version 1.5 of libtool the -single_module flag is activated by default and now I cannot link against InterViews libraries, I get an error from ld "multiple definitions of symbol". The class PSFont is the culprit.

When I go into libtool and rip out the -single_module flag then the executable links again.

Why was -single_module made the default and what is the proper way of dealing with this issue? I admit I know next to nothing about the GNU build utils.

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)