Re: Terrible problem with latest CVS libtool

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Terrible problem with latest CVS libtool
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:32:17 -0600 (CST)

I still have not figured out what the cause of the
config.status/libtool SED problem is, but I have determined that it is
platform dependent. The problem does not occur under Solaris &
FreeBSD, but it does occur under IRIX and AIX.

I am using Autoconf 2.58 and Automake 1.7.9.

The problem config.status includes

# A sed program that does not truncate output.
SED=$lt_SED

The problem libtool includes

# A sed program that does not truncate output.
SED=

A good config.status also includes

# A sed program that does not truncate output.
SED=$lt_SED

But a good libtool defines the value of SED determined by the
configure script:

# A sed program that does not truncate output.
SED="/bin/sed"

Bob