Defines dependent on static/dynamic build

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Defines dependent on static/dynamic build
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:05:43 +0100

> I seem to recall that libtool used to define something when compiling
> a shared library, but that this support was removed.  Presumably this
> was because there was some other way to accomplish the same thing.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get libtool to behave the way I need?

You may add somewhere

#ifdef PIC
#define __DYNAMIC__
#else
#define __STATIC__
#endif

Not really foolproof though, cos there may be interactions on platforms which always use position-independent code and thus have no reason to #define PIC. Better to do

pic_flag="$pic_flag -D__DYNAMIC__"

and then add somewhere

#ifndef __DYNAMIC__
#define __STATIC__