Re: avoiding C++, Fortran tags

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: avoiding C++, Fortran tags
Date: 04 Dec 2003 14:12:15 -0500

Matt Fago <address@hidden> writes:

   although I'm still not exactly sure where the "proper" place is to
   put the patch at a system-level.

i see the original macro defined in /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4,
so depending on the particular scanning order aclocal uses, you could
try to place the new definition in a file w/ one of these names:

  /usr/local/share/aclocal/000-override.m4
  /usr/local/share/aclocal/zzz-override.m4

but probably that's not a good idea.  for my stuff i placed the new
definition in aclocal-suffix and continue the:

  aclocal
  cat aclocal-suffix >> aclocal.m4

in each project's autogen.sh.  this is more work but i feel better when
i understand exactly what is going on (since it is easy to forget
system-installed workarounds :-).  btw, thanks Paolo Bonzini for posting
the code!

thi