(no subject)

From: Steve E Sherman
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:55:33 -0700

Greetings,

We're working on the OpenHPI project in sourceforce and are having trouble getting lt_dlopenext to find a library that we're building.

Scenario:

We build two versions of the same named library - one is the real library; one is a test version of the same library. We want to determine which library is picked up by the use of an environment variable - OPENHPI_PATH. The problem is that we can always pick up the "real" library but never the "test" one. All Makefiles, libraries, and paths look correct.

Details:

We set the dl searchpath in our code as follows:

path = getenv("OPENHPI_PATH");
err = lt_dlsetsearchpath(path);

We build a library - libsnmp_bc.so. The real library is built in an snmp_bc directory, the test library is built in a subdir - snmp_bc/t.

After the build is run we have identical libsnmp_bc.la files generated for both directories and both directories have a .libs directory with the
desired libraries. So we have in both the snmp_bc and snmp_bc/t directories, the following generated files:

libsnmp_bc.la
.libs/libsnmp_bc.a
.libs/libsnmp_bc.la -> ../libsnmp_bc.la
.libs/libsnmp_bc.lai
.libs/libsnmp_bc.so -> libsnmp_bc.so.0.3.0
.libs/libsnmp_bc.so.0 -> libsnmp_bc.so.0.3.0
.libs/libsnmp_bc.so.0.3.0

Problem is when OPENHPI_PATH is set to point to the snmp_bc/t directory, lt_dlopenext fails with an errno = 2 (File or path does not exist).
If OPENHPI_PATH points to the snmp_bc directory, everything is fine.

Seems to indicate that the libraries in snmp_bc/t weren't built properly? Attached are the Makefile.am that control the library builds and the generated
libsnmp_bc.la file.

snmp_bc dir: snmp_bc/t dir: Both directories:

(See attached file: Makefile.am) (See attached file: Makefile.am) (See attached file: libsnmp_bc.la)

Any ideas? Or this there additional debugging we can do to isolate the problem? Thanks

Steve
Steve Sherman, IBM
Internet ID: address@hidden Notes ID: Steve E Sherman/Raleigh/address@hidden
Phone: (919) 254-8621 T/L: 444-8621