Re: Bug in CVS bootstrap with Automake 1.7

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: Bug in CVS bootstrap with Automake 1.7
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:16:49 +0000

On Friday, January 16, 2004, at 03:07  pm, Scott James Remnant wrote:
It seems that Automake 1.7 isn't automatically including m4/* in the
distribution tarball, I'm not even sure why -- there's code in
/usr/bin/automake-1.7 to do just that.

Nope, we would need to maintain an EXTRA_DIST list, or m4/Makefile.am (which we used to do) for automake-1.7.

I'm going to see whether we can hack around this, but to be honest, I
don't see any problem with requiring 1.8 for our bootstrap now -- it
significantly reduces the size of our tar.gz

I thought I had already written somewhere that the bootstrap requires 1.8, because after a note on this list I reduced the automake requirement for libtool to 1.7, having mistakenly set it to 1.8 earlier. Maybe that all happened on the list. If you can't find any note of it in the CVS files, please add one in an obvious place.

Ah, I see it in configure.ac, only I seem to have set AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE to 1.7 for some reason. I'll commit a change presently. Sorry for any confusion.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}