Re: CVS autoconf doesn't like AC_DIVERT_PUSH

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: CVS autoconf doesn't like AC_DIVERT_PUSH
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:13:30 -0500

Braden McDaniel wrote:
libtool.m4 is using the AC_DIVERT_PUSH and AC_DIVERT_POP macros in a way that CVS autoconf seems not to like. I get this message:

configure.in:20: /usr/bin/m4: Non-numeric argument to built-in `divert'

I discovered this when attempting to build CVS pkgconfig with CVS autotools.

Can someone comment on this? The fix is not at all clear to me. I don't see AC_DIVERSION_NOTICE being defined by autoconf at all (and the ChangeLog isn't helpful in discerning when it might have been removed). Regardless, with respect to the above error message, the definition of _LT_AC_SHELL_INIT in libtool.m4 seems like it must be invalid.

Braden