func_infer_tag() broken on IRIX 6.5

From: Albert Chin
Subject: func_infer_tag() broken on IRIX 6.5
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:03:07 -0600

$ cat /tmp/a.sh
#!/bin/sh

foo () {
echo .$0.
echo .$1.
}

foo a b c

$ uname -a
SunOS vegeta 5.7 ...
$ /tmp/a.sh
./home/china/a.sh.
.a.

$ uname -a
IRIX64 puar 6.5
$ /tmp/a.sh
.foo.
.a.
$ ksh /tmp/a.sh
./home/china/a.sh.
.a.

>From sh(1) on IRIX:
     Note: As of IRIX 6.4, sh is the Korn shell rather than the Bourne shell.
     See bsh(1) for the Bourne Shell description.  See the COMPATIBILITY
     ISSUES section below for more detail.

COMPATIBILITY ISSUES
     To retain some backward compatibility to the Bourne shell, certain Korn
     shell features are controlled by how the shell is invoked and/or the
     current value of the environment variable _XPG.

     When the shell is invoked as "sh" and the current value of the _XPG
     environment variable is not equal to 1 (one), the special positional
     parameter $0, within a function call, is the name of the function.
     Otherwise, it is the name of the invoking shell script.

So this means func_infer_tag() is broken in branch-1-5 because it does
this:
  func_infer_tag () {
      if test -n "$available_tags" && test -z "$tagname"; then
        CC_quoted=
        # Blanks at the start of $base_compile will cause this to fail
        # if we don't check for them as well.
        *)
          for z in $available_tags; do
            if grep "^# ### BEGIN LIBTOOL TAG CONFIG: $z$" < "$0" > /dev/null;
then

So, should I modify the top of ltmain.in from:
  # The name of this program.
  progname=`$echo "$0" | ${SED} 's%^.*/%%'`
  modename="$progname"
to:
  # The name of this program.
  progname=`$echo "$0" | ${SED} 's%^.*/%%'`
  full_path_progname="$0"
  modename="$progname"

and then we can use $full_path_progname in func_infer_tag().

--
albert chin (address@hidden)