Re: libtool-1.5.2 searches /usr/lib before -L<dir>

From: Pieter Grimmerink
Subject: Re: libtool-1.5.2 searches /usr/lib before -L<dir>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:23:56 +0100

On Saturday 21 February 2004 11:31, Pieter Grimmerink wrote:
> There are multiple versions of this library, one in /usr/lib (with a .la
> file), and one elsewhere, without a .la file.
> I need the one elsewhere, because I'm crosscompiling.
> I know I should probably try what happens when both have a .la file, but
> the second one was not built with libtool, it's a stripped down version for
> an embedded target.

OK, now I've given the library in -L<dir> a .la file as well.
Now both libraries have a .la file, and libtool-1.5.2 uses the correct
library, in -L<dir>. So that's solved then.

I don't want to go back to 1.4.3 to try whether that also would have worked
with both .la files in place.

Thanks for the help guys.

Regards,

Pieter