Libltdl bug?

From: Chris Ross
Subject: Libltdl bug?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:10:18 -0500

  I'm trying to get FreeRADIUS to run on my BSD/OS machine.  I've
found what I think is a bug in the libltdl they ship, and the code
appears the same in libtool 1.5.2's libltdl.

  In load_deplibs, it parses the 'deplibs' arg passed to it, and
if there are '-L' or '-R' parameters, it calls lt_dladdsearchdir()
on that specified directory.  However, before it ever tries to
resolve the '-l' parameters in 'deplibs' (which it doesn't do until
the next while() loop), it resets the user_search_path for some
reason.  I can't see any reason why it would add something to the
search path, but before using the modified search path, change
it back to what was previously saved.

  Am I reading this right?  Thanks.  Let me know any thoughts you
have...

                            - Chris