Re: Do autotools support free Microsoft compiler?

From: Richard Dawe
Subject: Re: Do autotools support free Microsoft compiler?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:33:20 +0100

Hello.

Braden McDaniel wrote:
[snip]
Unfortunately I haven't been able to test this yet. CVS autoconf now appears to want "help2man", which I have not yet succeeded in building/installing on Cygwin. (The attempt sent me on quite a wild goose chase, though: help2man wants perl Locale::gettext wants fresher gettext (than Cygwin packages) wants a C# compiler (!...fortunately this dependency could be disabled).)

Try running configure with --disable-nls. My Linux box doesn't have Locale::gettext, but I can build help2man if I use --disable-nls.

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/ ]

"You can't evaluate a man by logic alone."
  -- McCoy, "I, Mudd", Star Trek