Re: building libtool on Tru64 Unix

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: building libtool on Tru64 Unix
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:52:39 +1000

In regard to: building libtool on Tru64 Unix, Janet Goldstein said (at...:

I am trying to build libtool 1.5.6 on Tru64 Unix. using './configure
--enable-dynamic'. The 'make' dies thusly:

I've never seen this particular problem on Digital UNIX or Tru64 UNIX.
The obvious differences I can see between your build and my typical
builds are

- I use GNU make.  Not sure if it's required, but I'm suspicious about
`config.status' being run as a dependency.  Try using GNU make for the
build process.

I have successfully done this, and I am very sure you need GNU make.

Bill Northcott