Creating .la files from existing libraries

From: James Bigler
Subject: Creating .la files from existing libraries
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:48:47 -0600

Hello,

Is there a way to create a .la file for libraries which were created without libtool? I know I can hack a file together piece by piece, but I was wondering if there was a mode in libtool that would generate it for me.

For example, I have installed the NVidia video drivers on my Mandrake 10 system. There are many libraries which came in the distribution which have .la files pointing to libGL.la.

Rather then editing all the existing .la files to point to libGL.so, I would like to create a libGL.la that points to libGL.so.

Thanks,
James