Re: How to build a .dll on cygwin?

From: Carlo Wood
Subject: Re: How to build a .dll on cygwin?
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:20:08 +0200

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 06:50:38PM -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> You need to add -no-undefined to the libtool options.

Thanks!  This solved my problem!

Nevertheless, it reveals a problem/bug in libtool.
It should not have been necessary that I lost a
few days with this: the warning message that libtool
gives about undefined symbols wasn't clear enough
for me.  On top of that, the fact that libtool
continued to assemble a static archive WITHOUT all
objects (because some *.lo files were already compiled
as pic_object) is clearly an error.  The resulting
.a archive is not usable.

It would be better to turn this warning into a fatal error
on cygwin and to add a remark about the correct usage
of -no-undefined on windows.

--
Carlo Wood <address@hidden>