64 bit support

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: 64 bit support
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:48:55 +0900

Hi,

Okay, I've had a peek at what we've got for 64 bit support currently, and it is not a really good situation. Inside a macro named "_LT_AC_LOCK" we have tests for various 64 bit architectures that then change the value of LD. Unfortunately, it looks like the link line actually uses the value of CC rather than LD, so I don't think this code has much effect.

We may need to fix this :-p

I'll be away for 10 days or so starting Sunday (yay!), so I hope someone else comes up with solutions for everything and that Gary gets the alpha out before I return :)

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com