Re: Confusing libtool behaviour on cygwin

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Confusing libtool behaviour on cygwin
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:31:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

My understanding is that for non-module DLLs, the .dll file is installed in the bin directory so it is likely to be in the user's path. If the

Then how does libtool decide whether a DLL is a (non)-module? The --module flag? (looking through the sources... yes, those libs that got installed in the bin dir didn't have LDFLAGS --module...)

Yes. When modules are built, additional options are available. For my package, I specify the options:

  -no-undefined -module -avoid-version

when building loadable modules. This avoids the lib/cyg prefix and unnecessary library versioning info.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden