Re: TODO

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:16:06 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Bruce Korb wrote:

Would making some
sort of uber-shell, with more builtins (say a sed command for example) help
out?

I would think "uber-shell" would be a shell to end all shells.
I believe we are looking at a mini-shell that might have a few
extensions specifcally to make libtool/autoconf easier to work with.

I mentioned 'es' because its implementation is much smaller than most current `bloatware' Unix shells. It is still bigger than we would want. The license is fine.

There may be some other existing small shell/scripting implementation which please Unix programmers but are small enough to embed in other applications.

Even if the new libtool is primarily written in C, it is useful to be able to execute short script fragments in order to the actual work and to take advantage of what has already been learned.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden