Re: TODO

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:19:51 +0000

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Missed that one reading the first time..
>
> * Gary V. Vaughan wrote on Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 03:24:25PM CET:
>
>>>3. Try and recruit some people to translate the docs?
>>
>>I think there is already a GNU translation project to take care of that.
>>We just need to figure out what the process is :-)
>>
>>3.5.  While we are there, maybe internationalise libltdl?
>

> Please don't.  If you do, make it possible to have zero(!) overhead for
> ltdl users if they choose not to make use of the translation capability.

Do you mean zero runtime overhead?  That's easy, and fairly standard already:

  #ifndef _
  #  ifdef ENABLE_NLS
  #    include <libintl.h>
  #    define _(Text)  gettext ((Text))
  #  else
  #    define _(Text) (Text)
  #  endif
  #endif

There are a few other tweaks that need to be done (see CVS M4), but for
brevity I'll spare you the details :-)

Obviously message catalogues and the like will make the distribution bigger
though.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--