Re: License of m4/ltoptions.m4

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: License of m4/ltoptions.m4
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:47:09 +0100

>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Paul> Would you use the exact same wording in #2 that you
 Paul> already uses in the aux scripts?  Does that wording still
 Paul> apply?

I think so.  Another idea would be to use a bison-like exception
just to match the license of aclocal.m4:

  As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, when
  this file is copied by aclocal into an aclocal output file,
  you may use that output file without restriction.

However this seems quite restrictive too me, as it wouldn't work
if the file were m4_included (we don't do that for Automake
macros anyway, but is that a reason to disallow it?)
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz