RE: serial number of ltversion.m4 and libtoolize

From: Peter Ekberg
Subject: RE: serial number of ltversion.m4 and libtoolize
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:55:58 +0100

I wrote:
> The serial number of the generated m4/ltversion.m4 is not
> recognized by the libtoolize script. func_serial() does
> not expect dots in the serial numbers of the macro files.
>
> This is for branch-2-0.

I should perhaps also mention why I think this is a problem.
Consider the last line of the following output:

~/ggi/ggi-core/libgii$ libtoolize --dry-run
rm -f ./ltmain.sh
ln -s /usr/autotool/devel/share/libtool/ltmain.sh ./ltmain.sh
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: `m4/libtool.m4' is already up to date.
rm -f m4/argz.m4
ln -s /usr/autotool/devel/share/aclocal/argz.m4 m4/argz.m4
libtoolize: copying file `m4/argz.m4'
libtoolize: `m4/ltoptions.m4' is already up to date.
libtoolize: `m4/ltsugar.m4' is already up to date.
libtoolize: warning: no serial number on
`/usr/autotool/devel/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4', not copying.

Cheers again,
Peter