Re: License of m4/ltoptions.m4

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: License of m4/ltoptions.m4
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:24:05 -0800

"Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden> writes:

> Was anybody unhappy with the exception wording in my last post in the
> thread?  If not we can start from there.

I worry that it's too generous, because it means that if the package
uses the .m4 file as input to autoconf, then the package can also use
the .m4 file for other, proprietary reasons.

How about this wording instead?

As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
distribute this file as part of a package that uses the file as input
to GNU Autoconf, GNU Automake, or GNU Libtool, then you may distribute
the resulting output files under the same terms that you use for the
rest of the package.