Re: TODO

From: Patrick Welche
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:17:26 +0000

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 09:04:31PM +0000, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> You mean that the installed .pc files need to be altered by the
> user to give things a hope of linking? ;-)

Hate to chime in, but I always seem to have to add -Wl,-R... to the *.pc
files, so have not ended up being a fan of pkg-config. Unfortunately
it seems to crop up all over the place, and I keep reinventing ways of
getting libtool's ${wl} info into the foo.pc from foo.pc.in..

> But seriously, why would you install a .pc using library, and then
> alter the installed .pc file?

Because that's what comes in the source tar :-( and then the other
source tars' use pkg-config --libs  (given up on glib and friends often)

Cheers,

Patrick