Re: libtool 1.5.6 still not supporting make distcheck

From: Sean Dague
Subject: Re: libtool 1.5.6 still not supporting make distcheck
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:12:04 -0500

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 09:49:46PM -0600, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> >
> >curious also what's in ../utils/libopenhpiutils.la
> >
> >probably
> >
> >installed=yes
> >
> >and
> >
> >libdir='/home/sdague/openhpi/openhpi-1.9.3/_inst/lib'
> >
> >but
> >
> >/home/sdague/openhpi/openhpi-1.9.3/_inst/lib/libopenhpiutils.so
> >doesn't yet exist?
>
> If this is the case then this means that the lib_LTLIBRARIES
> specification is ordered incorrectly in Makefile.am.  Unfortunately,
> Automake does not yet have a way to ensure that libraries are
> installed in the correct order.  It becomes the developer's
> responsibility to ensure that lib_LTLIBRARIES is in the ideal order.

AM_CFLAGS               = @CFLAGS@

lib_LTLIBRARIES         = libopenhpi.la

libopenhpi_la_SOURCES   = \

There is only one library being built in this directory, so there can't be
an ordering issue here.  The other library is built in a different directory
which is listed well before in the SUBDIR order.  To be extra safe I even
added:

$(top_builddir)/utils/libopenhpiutils.la:
        make -C $(top_builddir)/utils libopenhpiutils.la

to the Makefile.am

        -Sean