How do I get it to not inquire about C++ and g77?

From: Chris Ross
Subject: How do I get it to not inquire about C++ and g77?
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 02:32:55 -0500

I have a program using autoconf 2.5x, and automake. I have AC_PROG_LIBTOOL in my configure.ac, but it appears that this causes configure to investigate both c++ and g77 compiler specifics. I looked at libtool.m4, and see that this causes this to happen. Is there a way to do this without all of this extra work?

I tried calling AC_LIBTOOL_SETUP, but there are a few things that don't get set up right, and I think it seems to still try to investigate c++ and g77
anyway.

Is this not even a libtool problem, but an autoconf one? If so, feel free to
point me the other way.  :-)

  Thanks!

                                - Chris