Re: How do I get it to not inquire about C++ and g77?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: How do I get it to not inquire about C++ and g77?
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:03:58 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Chris Ross wrote:

 I have a program using autoconf 2.5x, and automake.  I have AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
in my configure.ac, but it appears that this causes configure to investigate both c++ and g77 compiler specifics. I looked at libtool.m4, and see that this causes
this to happen.  Is there a way to do this without all of this extra work?

 I tried calling AC_LIBTOOL_SETUP, but there are a few things that don't
get set up right, and I think it seems to still try to investigate c++ and g77
anyway.

This is a libtool 1.5.X "feature". The forthcoming libtool 2.0 provides a way to tell libtool which languages should be supported.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden