Re: link_all_deplibs

From: Christoph Wellner
Subject: Re: link_all_deplibs
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:38:42 +0100

[...]
If you install libA as libtool library (i.e., libA.la is installed as
well), then this should work.  libA.la should contain the information
that it depends on libB, that is, if you supplied that at the time of
creating libA.la.

Even if libtool does not state it in its documentation as of now:
If your application directly uses libB (as opposed only through the
use of libA), then you should list libB in the application's link line
as well.  Even if only for documentation purposes.

Regards,
Ralf

Well, libA.la contains the information that it depends on libB. But I still get the linker-error.

Perhaps it is important, that the libs are not 'installed' but stil in the directory-tree of our source-code. \

Just to make myself clear:
compiling and the linking after the compile works. but when I want to start the application, it claims about missing librariy libB, wich is definately build and part of our package. ldd says in the 1st line, that it can't find libB, but in the 2nd line, it says, that libB is located in directory xy. So, it seems, that the linker finds the lib correctly, but does not update the paths.

Christoph