Re: link_all_deplibs

From: Christoph Wellner
Subject: Re: link_all_deplibs
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:36:34 +0100

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:43:57 +0100, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Ralf

[...]

The linking-part of the Makefile.am is this (snippet)
        $(top_builddir)/nmm/utils/gdparse/libnmmgdparse.la \
      $(top_builddir)/nmm/base/libnmmbase.la \
      $(top_builddir)/nmm/base/graph/libnmmgraphmgr.la \

This is part of clic_LDADD or LIBS, right?

correct

So, clic is linked against libnmmbase. And the Makefile.am of libnmmbase :
        $(top_builddir)/nmm/utils/libnmmutils.la \
        $(top_builddir)/nmm/utils/thread/libnmmutilsthread.la \
        $(top_builddir)/nmm/base/registry/libnmmregistry.la \

This is part of libnmmbase_la_LDADD, right?

Is libnmmbase a library that will be installed (i.e., is it listed in
something like lib_LTLIBRARIES or noinst_LTLIBRARIES)?  What about
libnmmutils?

well, yes, this is our main-library. Our intention was, that a developer has only to link against libnmmbase and has all the base-functionality of NMM and don't has to care about other libraries.

So libnmmutils is linked against libnmmbase, wich is linked against the
application clic.

libnmmbase is linked using this command:
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link g++  -g -O0  -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith

[...]

But I should be able to provide you with a workaround:  add
  $(top_builddir)/nmm/utils/libnmmutils.la
(and if necessary also libnmmnetutils.la) to clic_LDADD.
Please report whether that works.

This works. Thanks.

Please also tell me where I can direct bug reports against nmm (mailing
list?) and whether patches should be sent against version 0.7.0.

Thanks,