Re: Missing symbols using Intel's compiler

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Missing symbols using Intel's compiler
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:16:03 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Simon Perreault wrote:

I am using libtool+automake+autoconf to build my library. Everything builds
fine without warnings or errors and I end up with a nice shared library.
However, that library is missing stdc++ symbols:

In order to automatically obtain stdc++ symbols, the library must be linked using a C++ compiler. It won't work to compile with CC=gcc since while gcc will compile C++ modules using C++ (based on file extension), the final linked result will not be linked with the C++ standard libraries. Building libraries which contain a mix of C and C++ code is problematic.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden