Re: I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't get it.

From: Ross Boylan
Subject: Re: I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't get it.
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:04:20 -0800

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 13:40 -0800, Bruce Korb wrote:

> I guess it boils down to this:  I see the libtool argument "-rpath" referenced
> all over the place, but *EXACTLY* which LDFLAG or LDADD or LDWHATEVER
> is it where I put "-rpath" such that the build one is seen during the build
> and
> the install one is used for installation?
I believe -rpath is an option libtool understands directly.  It then
does the right thing, depending on platform.

However, some of the "right thing" may be different from what you want.
I think libtool takes steps so both the intermediate and installed
libraries can be used in various scenarios.

I am not an expert.  Those who are may correct me :)