Creating two-level namespace binaries on Mac OS 10.2?

From: Karin Kosina
Subject: Creating two-level namespace binaries on Mac OS 10.2?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:32:10 +0100

Hi,

  I want to build a two-level namespace library, using the options
-twolevel_namespace -undefined error. This used to work fine, setting
LD_TWOLEVEL_NAMESPACE=1 being enough to stop libtool from adding the
-flat_namespace option (and thus causing a clash).

Now after I have upgraded to libtool 1.5.14, it seems that instead
of LD_TWOLEVEL_NAMESPACE, MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is used to
control whether -flat_namespace is used or not.

Now this works fine if the deployment target is actually 10.3 -- but
what if I want to build a two-level namespace binary on Mac OS 10.2?

Is there any reason why you would disallow this?

Maybe I am overlooking something, but have you considered making
it possible to "override" the deployment target setting on Mac OS
10.2? Something like having an additional check in libtool.m4:3943

  if test -z ${LD_TWOLEVEL_NAMESPACE}; then
    _LT_TAGVAR(allow_undefined_flag, $1)='${wl}-flat_namespace ${wl}-undefined
${+wl}suppress'
  fi

Sorry if I am missing something obvious here... if so, please
enlighten me. :)

Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards, =/~ kyrah

--