Re: PGI and C++ templates

From: Markus Christen
Subject: Re: PGI and C++ templates
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:07:52 +0100

hi

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Sorry for the self-reply,

* Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 07:49:00PM CET:
This is a status update on "libtool/pgi/C++ with templates".

Now here's an improved patch against branch-2-0.  Should work for both
static and shared uninstalled libraries plus programs linked against
them, and seems to also work when relinking is required upon
installation.  It works with the example Markus provided a while ago.

that sounds promising

Turns out pgCC is smart enough to recreate all that is needed with the
correct PICness all by itself, so we don't even need to adjust
Template.dir.  Nice compiler work!

What's missing is correct `make clean'ing, which will be addressed later

Testing would be *great*, as would be reviewing.

i will test it on "real-life" MD code. but we have Open-Doors days this week - so no time at all.
will do it next week.

thanks,
markus

<snip patches>