Re: is libtool 1.5.14 broken or misconfigured?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: is libtool 1.5.14 broken or misconfigured?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:53:02 +0200

Hi Bruce,

* Bruce wrote on Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:34:48PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > * Bruce wrote on Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:12:18PM CEST:
> > >
> > > "ld" then chokes and dies on the ``-Wl,XXX'' arguments.
> >
> > This has been fixed since in all CVS branches.
> >
> No problem.  Is the next rev imminent, or how far back do I need to
> go for a working libtool?  All the way to January, 2004 (1.5.2),
> or something more recent?  Thanks - Bruce

1.5.10 does not have this particular regression, but you /might/ hit
other unrelated Solaris problems since fixed in Libtool which are not
regressions IIRC.

We had actually hoped not having to release another 1.5.x version, but 2.0
still has a couple of open issues.  If we were to release another 1.5.x,
there are still a few minor open issues we (I for one) would like
another look at beforehand.

Regards,