Re: where should libtool libraries be installed? /usr/lib? /usr/local/li

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: where should libtool libraries be installed? /usr/lib? /usr/local/lib?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:31:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Ed Hartnett wrote:

It used to be that we could always count on /usr/local/lib, but now,
we can't?

I would not happen to know what we changed.  Which system?

The problem system (at the moment) is a Sun, but I am really trying to
grasp how this will work in the general case. Perhaps I have just
messed something up on the Sun.

No, this is normal. If you didn't install the compiler using the prefix /usr/local, then it should not be looking for things there. Thsi is in spite of the legacy Sun compilers always looking in /usr/local. /usr/local might be full of junk which is outside of your power to correct.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn