Re: Link Problem on Windows

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Link Problem on Windows
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:04:02 +0200

Hi Martyn,

Please keep the mailing list copied, thank you.

* Martyn Russell wrote on Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:58:18PM CEST:
> On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 13:33 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > > Basically, the reason it didn't work is because I needed the
> > > AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN macro defined.  With this added, all seems to work
> > > well.  Is this right/wrong? If right, why?
> >
> > Docs state that you need this (for 1.5.18).  Does that suffice for an
> > answer?  For newer branches you should add the `dlopen' option to
> > LT_INIT:
> >   LT_INIT([dlopen])
>
> Mmm, not seen this used before in any configure script, is this a
> specific libtool function added to m4 scripts like acinclude.m4?

Oh, I should have explained a little more verbosely:

For 1.5.x, you put
  AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
  AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
in your configure.ac (or whereever else they are now).
For branch-2-0, all the macro naming has been cleaned up an unified.
Instead of above two lines you now write
  LT_INIT([dlopen])

If you has used only the AC_PROG_LIBTOOL line, running `autoupdate'
should have changed that automatically to LT_INIT.  autoupdate cannot do
the second step alone, it will warn you that you need to do that
yourself.  OK?

> > > This was a problem with environment and different versions of libtool,
> > > etc.  My mistake :)
> >
> > So that works now?
>
> End to end, all the software is working perfectly, thanks.

Great.