Re: static lib with libtool 1.5

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: static lib with libtool 1.5
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:04:12 +0200

Hi Jeremie,

* Jeremie LE HEN wrote on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 04:50:07PM CEST:

> This might be a very common question ; I checked the archives, but
> didn't find anything relevant, unfortunately.

Hmm, don't know.  The problem is under-determined (read: we need more
information to give an answer).

> I'm trying to build both a static and a shared library.  This used to
> work fine with libtool-1.4, but since I upgraded to libtool-1.5, I can't
> build a static library any more.  I gave a try to the Changelog, but it
> is too heavy, IMO.

Which exact libtool version, on which system, what does configure
output, what's in config.log, how does the `libtool --mode=link' line
look like and what does it output?  With all this information, we might
be able to say where the problem is.  You may pack (bzip2, gzip) long
files.

In general, it should be possible to build both static and shared with
branch-1-5 as well; I do it all the time.  :)