Re: Alternate SONAME values

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: Alternate SONAME values
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:59:10 -0700

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 09:24 +0530, Ganesan Rajagopal wrote:

> But libXaw.so.<major_number> is the default behaviour for libtool.  Are you
> using -release instead of -version-info or -version-number? I think
> -version-number will give you exactly what you need.

I want the SONAME to be libXaw.so.6, but the filename to be libXaw6.la,
libXaw6.so.6.0.1, libXaw6.so.6 and libXaw6.so

And, yes, I'm already using -version-number (which I added to libtool)
as X has always used the same version number on all platforms (yes, this
is bad, but I can't do anything about it).

-keith