deplibs.test broken.

From: Kurt Roeckx
Subject: deplibs.test broken.
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:06:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm having a few problem with the deplibs.test.  It's broken for
several reasons:
- It's linking a shared lib against a static lib.  This is not
  portable, and we even give a warning about this.
- The shared lib is not using any symbols from the static lib.
- The test program is linked against the shared lib and using
  symbols from the static lib.

The only reason the test is succesful is that the shared lib
isn't using any symbols from the static lib.  If it were using
symbols from the static lib, the shared lib would have (tried)
including whatever is needed to have them, and then linking the
shared lib would have failed on some platforms.

Using symbols from a library you're not linking to, and is only
pulled in by the dependencies really isn't what you want to do
either.

I have no idea what the intention of this test really is that
isn't covered by the other test, so I don't have a suggestion on
how to fix it.

Kurt