Re: libtool/ltmain.sh pulling in wrong stdc++

From: Graham Leggett
Subject: Re: libtool/ltmain.sh pulling in wrong stdc++
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:11:17 +0200 (SAST)

Kurt Roeckx said:

> Are you sure your libtool has been regenerated for the new g++?

I rebuilt libtool v1.5.8 which was previously installed, and when this
made no difference I downloaded and built libtool v1.5.18.

I deleted config.guess, config.sub, libtool and ltmain.sh and recreated
them from scratch using libtoolize -c -f.

The second project's libtool still somehow detects and pulls in the gcc
v3.4.2 libstdc++, while building with g++ v4.0.1.

I am completely baffled - can anyone reveal what method libtool uses to
detect libraries? What steps are followed to create the dependency_libs
variable within the .la file? I am trying to find out where the referencce
to the 3.4.2 directory is called into existance, but am having no luck.

Regards,
Graham